The Texas Homebuyer Program provides Lenders the best tools and resources to master our programs and offerings. Through down payment and closing cost assistance and the mortgage credit certificate program, we help you add the best value to your borrowers’ bottom line.
We are backed by the Governor and the Legislature of the State of Texas to provide safe, decent, and affordable housing for all Texans. Because of this, we can say yes, when other down payment assistance programs cannot.
The Texas Homebuyer Program is dedicated to helping our Lenders succeed by offering continual support and guidance.
Lender Guide — Current Program Guidelines can be found here and are updated and published as needed. Make sure to work from the most current issue date for the most accurate guidelines and program requirements.
- Credentials and Training are required to make online reservations.
- Credential Requests should be communicated to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan Reservation Updates or Changes
- ALL reservation changes or loan questions need to be communicated via email to: email@example.com. Please allow for a 48 hours turnaround. Notification will be returned via email when complete.
- Lender Hotline: (512) 539‑0009
Step by Step Procedures PDF - Follow the quick instructions for best process practices.
Exceptions or Guideline Questions
- Questions not found in the Lender Guide or requests for an exception can be sent directly to The Texas Homebuyer Program Staff.
Become One of our Trusted Lenders
Participation Benefits for Lenders
- Affordable interest rates
- Highest Lender compensation in the State
- Continuous Down-Payment assistance funding available statewide
- Dedicated Lender hotline
Steps For Lenders
Check for Program Approval
You can check to see if your company is in our database of correspondent Lenders approved to make loan reservations through The Texas Homebuyer Program.
Even if your company is not listed, please continue the process. You will be directed to the appropriate resources in order to participate.
Participating Lender Status
Below is your company participation status.
You are approved. Now what?
Your company has submitted all the required documents to make loan reservations. You simply need to take system training to receive credentials. Please click on the link below to get started.
You are not yet approved. Now what?
Review Lender Guide
Click to download the latest Lender guide.
Review Current Rates
Click to view current rates.
Lender Online Reservation System
Sign up or login to the Lender Online Reservation System.
About the MCC Calculator
This is an estimate based on the loan amount entered, mortgage interest rate percentage entered and applicable MCC credit rate and should not be used as any type of official documentation.